Sunday, August 02, 2009

Lcd Mounted

Well, It's temporally mounted in the dome. I wish my camera took better video, But it's all I have to post pics and video. I had to cut the housing on the screen down to get a better fit. The whole frame made it set back to much.
It sure looks good in person and I like it much better than the red Leds.
With alittle more work it will be a GREAT Upgrade for my dome.
I plan to wire it into 1 of the dome bump switches I have on the side
of the dome to turn it on/off.


video

5 comments:

danf said...

that is so cool! amazing work as usual.

The life of thomas said...

Very cool Calvin....because I'm working on my aluminum dome right now and because I have an over surplus of LCD screens at the moment ;) I plan to "borrow" this idea as well for my artoo

Thomas

Calvin Thomas said...

Thanks guys!!!
If I had time to build a better frame for the Led it would be more flush with the dome.
I'll work on it more after Mini Mega.
Calvin

R2D2 Fett said...

Thats very cool!!

For sure needs a death star schematic!

Great job!

Jason

Calvin Thomas said...

Thanks Jason,
I have 2 pictures of the Death Star inline.
I need to find some more pics and add them in. Currently I have about 35 pics.
Calvin