Saturday, January 22, 2011
I installed the back in the LDP today.
I've noticed this seems to be a popular place for kids to stick
fingers and other items, So I closed it.
I was going to paint the aluminum plate black, But I really like
the aluminum finish as it goes with my dome.
I've been working on the Panel behind the Restraining Bolt door.
This panel is made by A&A and it's really nice.
I did have to adjust the depth of the panel to clear the door hinges.
I found the little red buttons at Radio Shack and I need to paint the nuts black.
I'm adding black screen to each side of the panel, You can see the top part.
Monday, January 10, 2011
I mounted the Side Vents on R2 and made the Flat Plate for the bottom of the skins.
The Plates, I need to paint white and they are bolted from the bottom of the frame.
The Vents are some I bought along time ago from Mark.
They are not perfect and the only way I could mount them was to add small screws to each corner. Later I will countersink the screw holes and get some better screws.
I also need to add screen behind each vent so you can't see inside.
The 2 black Push Pins hold them skin in place and I'll paint them white.
Maybe in the future I will find a insert and use 2 Allen Button screws instead.
Saturday, January 01, 2011
Ok, It's been quite awhile since I posted anything new, But I'm getting back to working on R2 again. I haven't felt like messing with R2 so it came to a stop.
Anyway, Jag (Jerry Green) had sent me a present awhile back and I finally started installing it. The top plate is now aluminum.
I did this to stop the dome from bouncing around and also to improve the strength of the A&A frame. I also plan to replace the 2nd to the bottom ring.
This will give me a solid top and bottom. I will replace the threaded rod with aluminum dowels. This will be a Hybrid A&A frame and will be very strong.