Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leg Update

I worked on the leg today and I managed to get the
Ankle repainted, Changed the Ankle detail parts bolts to Alen head bolts.
The bolts you get with the parts you order are Phillips head and they are very hard
to get tight. So it's a good idea to change these before you put them together.

The Booster line on the leg turned out Ok and I also repainted the leg.
The leg had a few spots that the styrene joints showed, So I fixed it before I repainted.
Still more to do to this leg, But that's the next post.




Thursday, May 28, 2009

Parts Ordered

I have the Jag version of the dome plate on order and I found
this little Amplifier on Ebay.
The Amp will give me more than enough power (10 watts per channel)
to run the M&A sound system.
The best part is the Amp has a pin port and all I will have to do is connect
the pin from the M&A to the Amp and connect 12v.
Connect the speakers and I should have sound.



Monday, May 25, 2009

More Line Work

I used a small file that fits in the Booster Line on the Booster.
I cut the leg until it matched the line from the Booster.
I now the pic makes it look rough and it is still alittle rough,
But the major cutting is done now and all I need to do is alittle
sanding and get it ready for paint.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Booster Line

I rough cut the Booster Line into one leg today.
I'll have to clean it up and repaint the leg after I do both legs.
The reason I didn't do this when I 1st built the legs was I wanted
to wait until I knew for sure the Styrene was glued real good to the
wood legs.
This is one of the upgrades I was talking about in the last post.



Wednesday, May 20, 2009

When JAWAS ATTACK!!!!!

This is what you get when JAWAS ATTACK!!!!
I found parts all over the place and R2 was looking pretty sad :o(
Although, R3 was caught in one of the pics and she sometimes gets jealous of R2.
R3 may have went on a rampage and took out all those jealous feelings on R2.

Oh well, I needed to get allot of small detail parts finished and more work on the frame in certain areas.
So, I guess it's time to get back to work and R2 will be better than ever after I'm finished. Stay tune for more post on the upgrades.





Saturday, May 16, 2009

It Works!!!!!!

Well, It finally moves :o)
I had to cut the total length down 1/2 inch and this leaves me with
6 1/2 inches total lift.
All I need now is a dome plate for the inside and I can get it mounted.
The only thing is that Vex motor is loud, But maybe I can find a replacement
servo oneday.
Once this one is mounted and I know everything is working good,
I'll make another for the Lifeform Scanner.
video

Thursday, May 14, 2009

I worked some more on the motor fro the Periscope Lifter today.
I used some of my leftover Vex parts and I think it's going to turn out nice.
It will be gear driven and I'll use the Vex motor.
Once I get the gear rail attached to the lift I can try it out and if everything goes
good, I'll have a lift.
It will have that Vex motor whine, But it's better than nothing.




Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Periscope Lifter Again

Ok, I've started playing around with this again and I've changed a few things on it.
I reduced the size of the footprint and managed to squeeze a little more lift from it.
I now have 7 inches of lift.
I'm still not completely satisfied with it and not sure how I will add the servo drive system.
It's better than before, But not just there yet.