Sunday, October 01, 2006

Front Logics



This is not what I wanted to do, But it will have to do for now.
I wanted to get my local shop to machine the surrounds and they're booked
till the first of the year.
So, What I did was to use a plastic flat and mount the logics to the flat.
This allows the Aluminum surrounds to mount normal in the dome
and keeps the logics flat across the angled surrounds.
I made it wider than the logics and will drill an oversize hole on each side to
mount it to the dome. The large hole will allow me to adjust the logics, So
they look correct from the outside.

2 comments:

SuperDad said...

Very inventive! That's just temporary right?

I have used the liquid latex masking stuff with good results! I've used it on my Fett where he has layers of paint and scratches showing through. MY only suggestion would be to remove it while the paint is still wet becasue if it dries I found the paint tends to tear.

I also have been using liquid latex for making a mold. You get a LOT more and it seems to work just as good.

Calvin Thomas said...

It's Temp.
Until I come up with a better solution.
Thanks for the tip on the liquid tape!!!