Monday, September 10, 2007

All Closed



The front is all closed now.

There is some fine tuning to do, But it will have to wait until I get most everything finished.

I knew once I got him together, I would have to go back and fine tune parts for a better fit. The doors I temporally tape them into place so when I get the hinges I can get them moving.

The Large Data Port had to be mounted after the skin was installed.

I don't know if this is normal, But it fits so tight that the skin won't pass the edges of the port. This will be a pain if I need to remove the skins, But it's all bolt on parts.

3 comments:

SuperDad said...

That R2 is pristine!! It does look very cool all shiny and new!!!!

Slow down already!!!

Jason

Calvin Thomas said...

I hope everything keeps moving forward. I only have to the end of this year to get him on his feet.
So he might not get mobile for a while if I don't hit my deadline.
Thank you for all the inspiration and support I get from your site and emails.
Calvin

SuperDad said...

lad I can help with your build in some small way! I love to see the progress!