Saturday, January 01, 2011

Frame Upgrades

Ok, It's been quite awhile since I posted anything new, But I'm getting back to working on R2 again. I haven't felt like messing with R2 so it came to a stop.
Anyway, Jag (Jerry Green) had sent me a present awhile back and I finally started installing it. The top plate is now aluminum.
I did this to stop the dome from bouncing around and also to improve the strength of the A&A frame. I also plan to replace the 2nd to the bottom ring.
This will give me a solid top and bottom. I will replace the threaded rod with aluminum dowels. This will be a Hybrid A&A frame and will be very strong.

No comments: