Sunday, June 21, 2009

More Shoulder Work

The bottom picture shows the 1/2 plate with screws countersunk.
The next picture shows the 1/2 plate with all the holes cut and the
4 holes for the outer plate drilled and tapped.
Also if you can see the 2 screws on each side of the bearing screw on the top plate
which was a added bonus. Once I get my aluminum top ring and bottom ring this
frame will be very solid.
The top picture shows everything bolted and waiting for the legs to bolt.

Both sides are finished now, So I'll move on to the next upgrade.





3 comments:

R2D2 Fett said...

Hope that works better for you. Looks pretty solid!!

Jason

jduffphoto said...

Calvin,

Looks real good!!

I'm going to need to do the same since my current JAG style parts will not line up with Dave's leg design. I have some 7ply LMC core plywood that I used to build speaker cabinets with. It's light, but strong. I've been contemplating using that material in place of finding and paying someone to fabricate aluminum parts. I could even skin the outside with 1mm styrene to clean it up a bit.

Jon

Calvin Thomas said...

Jason,
Thanks Dude!!!
Yea, It's allot stronger than before and will stop that swaying.

Jon,
The aluminum was fairly cheap.
With shipping it was around $70.00
They cut the 1/2 piece to size and I did the rest.
The thinner aluminum I already had and is basically a shim.
Calvin