Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dome Motor Revised




Ok, I was unhappy with the noise the Vex motor was making and I did'nt see anyway of making it more quite. So the motor I removed from my Satallite shoulder motor I put to use.
It was a real pain getting the motor out of the housing and then getting the gear head off the motor, But I got it done and now here is where the motor is now.
The top pic shows how I mounted the new setup in the A&A frame and this is where it was before with the Vex motor, So there should be no problems here. The 2nd and 3rd pic shows how it mounted to the mounting plate and the support frame I put around the motor.
I know the frame is alittle out of square, But it does'nt hurt anything and that's how it bolted up at the bottom. I'll use a Syren10 between the Vex Micro and the motor, Since the Vex can't handle this type of motor. It will be so nice to have the dome turn and not make any noise.


2 comments:

Hankey01 said...

Looks good man. Im going to try your old setup for now. Once I get R2 moving and dome turning I will worry about upgrades if it drives me nuts!

Your R2 will be perfect!

Chris said...

very nice.