Sunday, March 30, 2008

Small Lifter Update



Not much to show, But I thought I'd show the changes made to the drive.

I had to drill the holes larger where the threaded rod is sitting at temporarily. I have them there to give me a visual of where the smooth rods will sit.

Drilling the holes larger gave me the means to adjust the rods. I will also be adding 1 threaded rod as the drive in the open area. I had planned on using 2 of the 4 rods for a drive, But that's not working out.

From the new drive rod, There will be a small plate added under the X plate as a hoist to lift the X plate.

I need more parts and this will slow me down for a few days until I get them.

4 comments:

R2D2 Fett said...

Hope this one works out better!!!

Thats going to be a NICE touch!!

Jason

John Barrett said...

I hope this one isnt giving you as many problems!!! Looks a little simpler too. I'm surprised the Vex one didnt work out. I cant wait to see how your going to wire it up.

John

Calvin Thomas said...

Thanks Guys!!
The Vex was too heavy so I started building this idea.
I don't have a pic yet, But the aluminum rods that go where the threaded rods are now weigh nothing.
If I can get this to work, I would like to see someone build this idea. But make it 100% accurate.
Calvin

The life of thomas said...

I gotta tell ya Calvin that your last few weeks of "r2-inventions" has given me all kinds of ideas, Thanks!!!

You-da-man!!!!!!!!!

Thomas